I will take you through each step of the short sale to ensure you are informed and educated about your options! When you select me to assist you with your short sale, you will work directly with me, not an assistant. You will get the personal attention to your file that you deserve!
Here is a quick overview of the general short sale process:
1. Set up a FREE, NO-OBLIGATION consultation to discuss your options.
2. If you decide a short sale is right for you, we will list your property for sale
3. We will contact your lien holder to see if you are eligible for HAFA ($3000 at closing and full deficiency release)
4. If you are not eligible for HAFA or you decline applicaiton, we will begin full listing of property. If you proceed with HAFA, full marketing will begin as well but we will not have an approved price until we have an offer on your property.
5. Once a offer is received, we will review it, you will determine if you want offer to be presented to lien holder
6. If offer is approved to be submitted to lien holder, I will submit offer to lien holder with needed financial, real estate, and title documents.
7. I will negotiate directly with lien holder during short sale proccess. All final decisions will be approved by you.
8. Lien holder will evaluate short sale (process can take anywhere between 3 weeks to several months depending on situation).
9. Once lien holder approves short sale, buyer will begin loan process and escrow will officially begin.
10. Once property is ready to close, you will sign closing documents and be ready to move from property upon negotiated real estate purchase agreement. Terms of possession will be determined in offer.
11. Property will close and you will no longer have the burden of the mortgage or foreclosure.
* I always advise all of my clients to seek personal legal and tax advice should you have any. Information provided here is general information and is not to be constituted as tax or legal advice.